Slate tiled floors restoration
Our slate tiled floor restoration services:
- Removal of in ground soiling and ineffective seals and polishes.
- Sealing with appropriate protective sealants.
- Slate Grout cleaning.
- Either whole floor or partial re grouting of the slate floor.
- Replacing missing or damaged or cracked slate tiles.
Provide you with full aftercare instructions.
What to expect when we restore your slate floor :
Here are just a few examples of our work – after 20 years spent restoring and refinishing floors we have accumulated a vast knowledge base and library of photographs showing the results of our work. We have many more examples that we are able to send you and we are often able to provide you with a very close example of your own floor!
Chinese slate floor in Oxfordshire
Black slate floor restored in Stroud
Flooded slate floor in Shrewsbury
The benefits of our slate floor tile refinishing system
We use micro porous protective seals have the following benefits:
- Micro porous (allows the slate to "breathe")
- Stain resistant and easy to maintain.
- Protects and consolidates tile surface.
- Easy to maintain and does not require re stripping – as in the case of polishes and waxes which attract soiling.
- Durable and long lasting protection.
- Enhances natural stone colours.
Common problems with slate floors and Solutions - We provide the full range of services
|Common Problems||Likely causes||Our services|
|Slate tiles attract dirt and soil easily.||
|Slate tiles are yellowing and discoloured; the finish is obscuring the natural colour and beauty of the tile.||
|Slate tiles are cracked or chipped.||
|Slate tiles grouting is discoloured or missing in areas.||
Back to top